Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day one: it all starts now.

Today starts our first day of training! I can't believe that I'm running a half marathon, I must be crazy. Me, who's never run more than a 5k, and that was a one time event! I joined on to this idea after my crazy roommate signed up for the Disney marathon with her family. I hope by keeping our progress public, it will keep the two of us motivated to keep up with the training - I won't slack off if I know people are watching!

Day one: walk/run intervals for 30 minutes.

Here goes!

A.



My first attempt at training for a marathon had me chickening out after getting up to 6miles in training. I couldn't comprehend the idea of at some point running 20 more miles on top of that and I lost any motivation I had to keep training. But that was the past, now it is time to try again.

Things I have done differently this time around:
       Told everyone under the sun about my plans
       Signed up for the marathon with my Mom and Sister
       Somehow managed for my roommate to want to partake in the craziness and train with me
      
So now it's time to put myself into action and begin running (or in this case walk/jogging!)

J.  

1 comment: