Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FAIL

Today was a major fail on the running part. However on the plus side I now have a very nice dresser for only 15 dollars for the 2nd bedroom. I was going to wake up early and go to the aquarium to run before I started work, since this afternoon was booked because of plans to go get the dresser from Rhode Island. I woke up, got dressed, got back into bed and fell asleep until I had to leave for work. FAIL.

I went to work and was originally suppose to stay until 6 to move some new fish onto exhibit, after doing this I was to run over and pick up Shawn so that he could help me with the dresser. The fish move was canceled which allowed me time to run before having to go pick him up. By the end of the day my stomach wasn't feeling so hot, mainly due to having a skimpy lunch I think. I started off on my run but my stomach wasn't up for the 3 miles. I got about 100 feet, stopped, turned around, and walked back to my car. FAIL.

Continuing on with my plans to get Shawn and the dresser, I figured I would get back in time to get the run in once I had some food in me and my stomach was feeling alright. The trip to get the dresser ended up including some random stops (Olympia Sports - needed new running clothes, Sleepys - to check on buying a mattress, and Ocean State Job Lot - ended up buying pillows for 2nd bedroom at a very good price) and had me returning home much later than expected, at this point it was too dark to run. FAIL.

Since this week is slightly busy I've had to come up with a new game plan. Tomorrow night is our interns going away dinner, taking place down in Misquamicut, which is a great place to run! My 3 mile run will now occur after dinner tomorrow. Thursday will be an off day since I have to go to Providence to pick up a boxspring I found for cheap. Friday will be my long 5 mile run. Saturday I'm headed to the cape so likely in the morning or late evening will be a 3 mile run. Sunday will be an off day just enjoying the cape and Monday will be a long run at 10 miles! Lets hope the rest of the week goes to plan and I don't crawl back into bed when I'm suppose to run.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment