Friday, September 23, 2011

Keeping On

I don't necessarily look forward to the runs but I also don't feel as negatively about them as I used to. I credit some of that to the weather, the cooler temps and lower humidities have made the runs easier. This last week or runs I haven't walked out the door already in a sweat and my times seem to have improved, the 4 mile run on Wednesday I completed in 42 minutes.

When I was first starting out and participated in the B.A.A 10K I ran the 6.2 miles in 1:05 and I had put everything I could into that run, I don't think I could have gone much further by the end. Today was my medium length run at 6 miles and I finished in 1:06 and felt like I could have continued on. I even think I would have had a quicker time had it not gotten so dark and I slowed down in areas where I couldn't see the road.

There are only two more runs this week: another short 4 mile and then the long run of 12 miles. I have the 4 mile run tomorrow and Monday will be my long run. I'm trying to switch over to a Sunday long run day since my work schedule is changing starting in October. Also I signed up to run a half marathon in Newport, RI on Sunday October 16th so I need to switch over for that as well!!! Never a dull moment.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment