Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recovery week recap

I'm happy to report that I made it through recovery week, which ended on a shaky, sweaty 5 mile run/walk bit on Saturday. It was far too hot to be running, and I kept talking walking breaks to keep from overheating and passing out 3 miles from home. I need to remember that the temperature at the beginning of an hour long run is not the same as the temperature at the end of that hour. Oh, summer. Oh, humid summer. Consider my lesson learned.

I did some shopping over the weekend for a few accessories - more wicking clothes, a sweatband, and a water belt, so I can keep hydrated as I go. Super stylish, but I can't wait to try it out! I started this week on a 3 mile run on Monday the 4th, as it turns out, I'm really enjoying 3 miles. I sang patriotic songs to myself the whole time. This weekend, I'll attempt 7 miles, another big milestone for me.  At this point, I need to work on my mental fitness - my brain understands running for 45 minutes, but when it gets to an hour or more, it doesn't understand why I'm still running.

Here goes another week...

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment