Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So it wasn't just me?

I was very relieved to hear that I wasn't the only one who had a hard time getting back on the road on Tuesday. I set out planning for a slow 4 mile run, and got about 1.3 into it before I my legs felt like total jell-o.  I ended up walking a full 4 miles, with a few more short burts of jogging, but it was a lot of convincing my legs to keep moving so I could get back to my car.

I was feeling discouraged at first, but then did some thinking: I've never run 6 miles before. EVER. And I've never run 6 miles that quickly. So naturally, my body needs some recovery time.  I am hoping to get back into the swing of things tomorrow, maybe 3 or 4 miles, and do a 6 mile run on Saturday instead of upping the milage to 7. Next week, I'll increase the milage like the schedule says, but I just want to get everything moving again this week without pushing too hard and getting hurt.

We're starting to look to future runs, I'm thinking of a 10 mile road race at the end of July, and then I'll need to pick a few for the fall so I can keep up the pace for January.

Just gotta keep going forward.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment