Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

The weather report for Boston calls for "pleasant and sunny" tomorrow, with highs in the mid 70's. Sounds like a perfect day to go running!

Yesterday was my last run before the 10K, a flat run to give my legs a break from all of the hills I've battled this week.  Today I'm running errands and relaxing before we drive up to Boston tonight. I've been doing a lot visualizing lately - I picked out my race outfit a few days ago [white tank top, pink shorts], picked out my race day breakfast [banana, bagel with peanut butter, gatorade] and I have my time in mind. My goal is to keep running the whole time, the race closes after a 15 minute mile pace, and I typically do a 12-13 depending on how long the run is, so as long as I keep going, I'll get there. The point is, I'm doing it. I'm doing something that I've never done before, and that in itself is exciting and impressive.

You'll hear from us on Sunday night, with our tired legs and victorious smiles on.

Cheer for us wherever you are!

A.

1 comment:

  1. Never change your routine before a race, don't wear something new, don't eat something different...you never know how your body will react

    ReplyDelete