Friday, June 17, 2011

I guess it's my turn...

As I mentioned last week, I was away for a few days, taking a nice long weekend.  I still managed to fit in 2 days of running while I was gone, and got to do some sightseeing while I ran.  One run was out on Star Island (in the Gulf of Maine) which was a very rocky, windy morning run; the other was in Portland, Maine.  I was a bit suprised at how chilly and windy it was out there as I ran near the water, so my 3 mile run was slower than I had anticipated.

Yesterday was another big milestone for me - 4 miles! I'm very happy to report that I made it through the whole run, and I'm the first to admit that I'm still just as slow. So what if it took me 50 minutes ... [52 actually]... Today is another 3 miles, and it looks like it will be a bit rainy.  Saturday is supposed to be the big 5 miler, but I may push it off until Sunday so I can go visit friends on Saturday night. 

The 10k is getting closer and closer... I'm starting to feel good that I'll be able to run the whole thing, no matter how slow I'll be.

Here comes the weekend!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment