Monday, June 27, 2011

B.A.A. 10k

We arrived at the Boston Common around 7 am so we could get our t-shirts and check everything out before the race started at 8. Since this was my first race EVER I had butterflies in my stomach from the second I woke up that didn't go away until I started running. When the race started everyone really took off and I had to keep myself from going all out as well, I needed a slow pace to start to warm myself up. But as the race continued I found myself really kicking it up a notch, wanting to keep up with the people in front of me or pass those around me that were slowing down. 

Surprisingly I was so focused on everything going on around me that I barely realized how much I was pushing myself, I think thats why I was able to finish the 6.2 miles in 1:05:36!! 

All ready for the run!

  
Erin passing quickly by despite possibly having walking pneumonia. 

Right around mile 6, not much further to go!

A and J!! We're runners now.


All pictures are courtesy of Shawn, who I'm so happy was there providing support, coming out just to watch us run by and then wait an hour for us to return to run by again! 

J.

1 comment:

  1. yeah! you guys both did an awesome job....doesn't make you want to get out and do another race?

    also just to clarify to your readers...not walking pnemonia...but apparently numerous allergies that the allergist confirmed I have! ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete