Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Not My Greatest

Today should have been an easy run, only 3 miles, especially since I finished 6.2 miles on Sunday, what I didn't expect was how tired my legs would be. I set off on my usual run around the aquarium and managed to hit both hills but at the top of the second hill (about 1.8 miles in) my legs just felt tired. It was somewhat surprising to me because I haven't felt very sore or tired in the last two days.

Normally I would chalk this up to be a failed run, the first failed run of the training program, but since I just finished my first 10k, I don't feel like I failed, just that my legs need to get a little stronger. I did stop and walk once I hit the top of the hill, but I started right back up at the bottom of the hill and continued running about another .6 miles. I then proceeded to walk again and started up again nearing the very end of the run for another .3 miles, all in all I ran 2.7 miles instead of a full 3. Instead of letting this be a set back I plan on continuing with the program and running 4 miles tomorrow. 

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney

I have always loved this quote, to me it is the epitome of everything Disney and how much can be accomplished from such a small thing. It may not seem like the ideal quote to motivate someone, but it motivates me, especially since all of my hard work training will pay off with a trip to my favorite place on earth! Not finishing this one run is a small hiccup in a larger plan.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment