Friday, May 13, 2011

Sick Day

Yesterday I wanted to blog about my day but the server was down, so here's a recap.

I was feeling very unmotivated and spent most of the day talking myself up for the run. I came home after work and quickly changed into my clothes because I knew I had to get right back out for this run to happen. Once out running I felt great, the first 15 minutes are easier than the second 15, but I still completed both. However after the run and during my cool-down stretching I suddenly had this horrible cough that stayed with me intermittently through out the night. I was definitely not feeling at my best and was hoping sleep would help.

Then comes today.

I didn't get enough sleep but despite being a bit tired I had a plan for my day. After work I was to go to the laundromat, obviously then do laundry, while taking naps in the backseat of my car during the wash and dry cycle (like I said I was tired). From that point I would run home, change and head out on a run. Here's how the day actually panned out instead. I didn't make it to the laundromat as early as I had wanted, but I did get the naps in! After finishing up and heading home I was hungry and knew I wouldn't last for a 45 min (run/walk combo) so I changed the plan to a snack first and then a run. After the snack I still wasn't feeling up for a run and although I hate to admit this last part, the run finally got cut out completely. I'm calling it a sick day. I'm also taking tomorrow off for a trip to the Cape, but will be back on the running wagon come Sunday. Plus maybe two days off while finally kick this cold. Now if only allergy season would end, I'd be all set.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment