Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 5

Sunday was technically a day of rest, however instead of running I stayed active with a walking 5k in Hartford. It was just something fun to do with my parents and Shawn and turned out to be an entire day spent up in Hartford, ending with a Jason Aldean concert that Shawn had won tickets for on the radio!

Randomly through out any given week intern Sarah (even though she is no longer a intern, I still distinguish her this way from the other million Sarah's in my life) and myself will have gym dates, as long as our work and vacation schedules allow, lately they haven't. We mix it up between Zumba, Body Sculpt, Boot Camp and Spinning. This morning we met up early for a Body Sculpt class, which includes weights, resistance bands and aerobic activity for an overall body workout. After a good, hard workout, a trip to Dunkin's, and a few small errands I made my way over to Misquamicut Beach for the start of my week 5 runs. 

This week is 20min run/5min walk repeat. I have already found myself getting bored running the same few routes, although I wasn't running on the beach, the fact that I could smell the saltwater and hear the waves provided some new excellent distractions.  The run went extremely well and the course I took can be found here. 

Also as a side note - I just registered for my very first 10k! It's taking place on June 26th in Boston, I'll be focusing on this smaller goal for my immediate future and hope to continue to do more side events leading up to the marathon itself, so if you hear of any in the MA/RI/CT area let me know.

J.

1 comment:

  1. www.coolrunning.com An easy website to check out runs!

    ReplyDelete